Friday 7 April 2017

Worrying Cat Update

Yesterday lunchtime the smaller of my two cats, Charlie, had an epileptic fit. To my knowledge she's never had one before. Scroll down to my previous post and you'll see that the vet had put both cats onto medication for overactive thyroids. The medication is Felimazole.

I phoned the vet and he said to keep her quiet and calm. He said that the best thing would be for her to fall into a deep sleep and that I was not to shake her awake from this. He also said to take her off the pills until Monday. Was he kidding? If Felimazole can cause cats to fit then neither of my girls will ever be given it again. A half hour later she had a second fit. It took the rest of the day for her to return to almost normal. She's still very subdued.

Does anyone out there know of any similar incidents with Felimazole and cats having a fit?