Tuesday 12 November 2013
My 5 point supermarket survival plan
1. I try to park close to a trolley park because I hate walking miles to return the trolley at the end of the shop.
2. I do my best not to get lured into buying more than I need but I do get tempted by the cheeses. How can there be so many delicious cheeses in the world and what meanie invented cholesterol?
3. I buy fresh fish. It's much tastier than those frozen lumps covered in breadcrumbs and today the fish man packed my haddock into a 'bake in the oven' bag with a lump of fennel butter. Yum!
4. I set out with the intention of not piling my trolley up too high...
5. And I always try to get someone else to unload the trolley for me. Thanks, Mr A :-)
Phew! Shopping all done for another week. Time for a cuppa.
What are your tips for a stress-free supermarket spree?