Two questions to think about:
1. Why does the Media not raise the profile of this movement?
2. Would the Media rather report acts of aggression than acts of peace?
The Global Truce 2012 Campaign:
Some more about Peace One Day:
Peace One Day has the backing of the United Nations and has, over the last 10 years, created the opportunity for life-saving activities and actions by individuals throughout the world. These range from:
The provision of polio vaccinations for 4.5 million children as a result of Peace Day agreements in Afhganistan since 2007
Highlighting issues of domestic violence which sadly occurs throughout the world and in all societies.
The Peace One Day Celebration Concert:
If you haven’t heard about Peace One Day then you won’t have heard about the Peace One Day Celebration Concert. It is going to be streamed live on You Tube. You can find it via Peace One Day’s YouTube channel from 7.30pm (London time) on Peace Day, Friday 21 September 2012. Wherever you are in the world you can join Peace One Day in celebrating Peace Day and Global Truce 2012.
Spread the Word:
Please mention Peace One Day to at least one other person today.
- Tweet about it if you're on Twitter using #PeaceDay #GlobalTruce2012
- Talk about it with your class if you're a teacher. Visit the Global Truce Schools' Network.
- Issue a report about it if you're a member of the Media
- Blog about it if you’re a blogger
- Like them on their Facebook page
- And don’t forget to watch the concert!
World peace is a big ask but at least there are people out there who are trying to make a difference. I hope you'll agree that they need and deserve our support.