Honey's ‘super food’ status is not a new thing. The Ancient Greeks believed that honey helped you to live longer. Aristotle talked about its healing qualities and there's more...
Ten helpful honey hints:
1. Honey possesses antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
2. It contains vitamins and minerals.
3. It is said to be better than cough medicine for treating allergy-related coughs.
4. It helps with acid reflux.
5. It can help bring down cholesterol levels.
6. It is good for the skin.
7. It can boost the performance of athletes.
8. It helps maintain blood sugar levels and so can help people with Type 2 Diabetes.
|My current supply of super food|
9. It contains phytonutrients, which can help prevent certain types of cancer.
10. It is versatile, can be put into drinks, spread on toast, added to cakes... The list is endless, but one thing is for sure. It tastes delicious no matter how it is served...
...so pass the honey pot, please!